Greetings Leroy Families,
We are so excited to get the school year off to a great start! We want to let you know that as we begin the school year, some teachers will be using a technology tool called GoGuardian Teacher in their classrooms. GoGuardian Teacher allows teachers to better support students when they are using technology during class time. Here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- It is active during a GoGuardian class when students are logged into Google Chrome using their Adams 12 Google account during the course of the school day from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- GoGuardian Teacher will activate during class whether students are logged into their school account on a personal computer or a school-owned Chromebook. Students should use their school-owned Chromebooks during class to make it easier to share learning resources online. If you do not want GoGuardian Teacher to activate on your child’s personal device while they are working at home, please instruct them to use their district-issued Chromebook rather than their personal device when logging into their school Google accounts.
- Helps students be successful and stay focused when using technology in class:
- Teachers can see student Chrome browser tabs and the schoolwork they’re doing in order to easily identify students who are struggling or may need more guidance.
- Teachers can support student learning by blocking sites, closing tabs, or locking students to a specific website in their browser; sending links to websites they want students to view; or using chat to help students complete an assignment.
- Helps assess and support student progress on class assignments:
- GoGuardian helps teachers know when students may be stuck so they can quickly address any questions and help students stay on task.
- Facilitates communication between teachers and students during class time:
- Teachers can chat directly with individual students without disturbing the rest of the class, increasing participation and engagement.
- Teachers can quickly and easily share links and information with students, helping everyone make the most of their class time together.
- A teacher is not able to take control of students’ computers, camera or access information or files stored on the computer.
As a reminder, GoGuardian also has a web filtering service. This feature is automatically enabled any time a student logs into their school Google account on a personal device or a district-issued Chromebook. This service filters students’ internet browsing, YouTube searches, and Google documents similar to what students might expect to experience when logging into a computer at school. If you do not want this feature enabled on a personal device, please instruct your child to only log into their school Google Account on their school-issued Chromebook.
Please let reach out to Darren Blackman (email@example.com) if you have any additional questions.